Lately, I have been a bit lazy and have bought those rotisserie chickens you see at your local deli. A lot.
I mean, it doesn’t help much when you walk by them – they smell amazing and they are already cooked! How convenient is that? Plus, my 7-year-old loves the skin off them. Can’t say I blame him. We never finish a whole chicken in a meal. There are always left overs and that is a good thing.
I came up with this old favorite to take care of those left overs. These sandwiches would be a great picnic favorite on a hot summer day!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Servings: 6-8
- ¾ cup rich and creamy mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup sweet/yellow onion, minced
- 2 ½ – 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Craisins
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, herbs, and onion. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, Parmesan, Craisins, and celery. Fold in dressing over chicken mixture. Season with ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve on bread/wrap of choice: toasted (or not) with lettuce (optional).
Enjoy! With all of my recipes I post, I hope you try it and let me know how it turns out!!