Isn’t it great when you can get meat in bulk at a low price at your local meat market!?! LOVE IT! I got a few Pork Sirloin Tip Roasts on the cheap and couldn’t wait for the smell of them to fill my home. AMAZING!
This would be a great recipe for any holiday or a great big meal dish! If you are looking for some sides for this protein… in my opinion, pork tastes great with a simple side of green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce.
AND don’t forget the bread. YUM!!
Prep time: about 10 mins Cook time: 4-6 hours Total time: about 6.5 hours Serves: 4-6
- 2-3 pound Pork Sirloin Tip Roast (or any cut of pork meat)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground thyme
- 1 tbs. fresh parsley
- 1 tbs. fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- ½ cup natural maple syrup
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- Use a 4-6-quart slow cooker. Score diagonal cuts on outside of roast with a sharp paring knife (to help get the juices flowing while cooking.) Place ham into slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, honey, butter, Worcestershire sauce, spices, broth and maple syrup. Pour mixture evenly over the ham, place quartered onion on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours (or on high for 4 hour). Let rest 10-15 minutes.
With all of my recipes I post, I hope you try it and let me know how it turns out!!