Here is an all time Christmas favorite cookie! For ease of storage, I like to put the Hershey Kiss upside down. Yes, it looks a little different, BUT they still taste the same!
Prep Time: approx. 15 Min Cook Time: 9-11 Min Ready In: approx. 30 Min Servings: about 36
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, softened
- 2/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 36 Dark Chocolate Hershey Kisses
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat shortening, 2/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, pour in 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoon in sugar bowl; roll ball entirely with sugar. Place onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Place Chocolate kiss in center of cookie right away. Allow to cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
With all of my recipes I post, I hope you try it and let me know how it turns out!!